Mud gas separator
is a special equipment to handle the invaded gas of the drilling fluid. Density and viscosity of the drilling fluid will greatly be influenced by the invaded gas. In some dangerous situation, it can lead to the accident of well kick or blowout. The combination of mud gas separator and flare ignition device can effectively handle the invaded gas. Mud gas separator is widely used in the global oil & gas drilling industry.
Working process of mud gas separator
The working process of the mud gas separator is simple. The drilling mud with gas mixture in the bore hole is transferred by mud return lines to the inlet of the mud gas separator
, allowing it to impinge on a series of baffles which separates gas from drilling mud. The free gas flows into the flare line to be burned and the mud discharges to the shale shaker and to the mud tank.
1. Maximizes free gas/mud separation.
2. Unique U-shaped tube design eliminates moving parts and ensures a positive fluid seal, maintaining safe mud levels.
3. Safely handles trip gas in under-balance drilling applications.
4. Efficient baffle arrangement to easily separate gas from fluid.
5. Two vertical surge chamber pressure lines allow expansion and diffuse downstream pressure.
6. Available in varying sizes and lengths, accommodating any volume of fluid with high concentrations of gas.
7. Heavy-duty steel construction and adjustable mounting skid for any rig.